Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pre-TVB Anniversary 2011: Nominees' Thoughts Part 1

The annual TVB anniversary awards ceremony is coming soon and all nominees must be nervous: would they be the lucky winners this year? This week we will feature the thoughts of some nominees and let them predict who is the winner.

Tavia Yeung and Ruco Chan


This year Ruco Chan and Tavia Yeung are both nominated for TVB's 'My Favorite TV Character Award' for their roles in The Other Truth. Although Ruco has confidence in himself, but he won't be pressured. This was the first series Ruco played the lead role, he thanked Producer Amy Wong and TVB Executive Catherine Tsang for giving him the opportunity. Ruco had always been seen as Catherine's favorite, asked if he hopes Catherine will vote for him? He said: "Of course, but Catherine had always been unbiased. Even if she does vote, it won't be because of me, but will vote based on a balance of qualities from all artists."

When asked who his greatest opponent is? Ruco frankly said: "I have confidence in myself! If I had to choose, I would say Bosco Wong. In fact I believe he definitely has the power to take Best Actor, but if he can't get that award, I still hope he gets the My Favorite TV Male Character award."

As for Tavia Yeung, she expressed she never gives herself pressure. Also she participated in the awards ceremony several years now, whoever wins the awards, she will be happy for them. She said: "Especially this year, many of the candidates are my peers, from the same generation. It feels like a group of students waiting to get their report cards. I actually feel more relaxed." When speaking of her greatest opponent, Tavia laughed and said she was part of the cast of Yes Sir, Sorry Sir, so she supports Miss Koo Linda Chung. She said: "Well I really have to go back to school and talk to the principle there, but even if it sounds selfish, I still have to give myself a vote. If I win, then I'll have an explanation for myself." She also expressed if she gets the award, she will definitely cry and let everything out because that is her true nature.

Moses Chan


Moses Chan, who cheated the relationship with Miss Koo in Yes Sir Sorry Sir is also part of the nominations for My Favorite TV Male Character. He frankly said this year he doesn't have too much confidence because his role isn't worth flattering. Asked if its because his role cheated on a relationship? He said: "Actually I don't care about this. As an artist, we are used to fluctuate audiences' emotions. I don't have confidence in myself, but instead I support Linda Chung. She really was outstanding in the crying scenes. Let's see if she's lucky or not!"

Source: Oriental Daily
Translation: aZnangel @ AEU

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Release Your Feeling!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More