Thursday, December 30, 2010

Niki Chow Out From New Drama Due to Royalty Fee Dispute

Not only it is affecting the Hong Kong music industry, the on-going royalty fee dispute is now affecting TV dramas.

Already confirmed as the female lead of producer Lee Tim Sing's new drama <我的如意狼君>, Niki Chow could be out from the drama due to the royalty fee dispute between HKRIA and TVB. It is known TVB high executive Stephen Chan, who resumed his title as General Manager recently, ordered to remove the BMA singer from the cast list.

Although he does not want this to happen, but producer of this drama Lee is prepared for cast changes: "I'm worried that it might affect my new drama. I've asked the Artiste Department and they told me will officially notify me if there's any changes. I'm quite helpless and I can't change their policy. They will give me an answer within these two days, but I'm prepared for it to happen."

Assistant director from the Artiste Management Department in BMA said they heard of the rumor but has yet received a reply from TVB.

The royalty fee dispute has been preventing HKRIA singers to appear in any TVB music programs and to be interviewed by TVB hosts. Although there was a turning point earlier, but now it is officially back to where it stands before. The dispute continues as TVB released a statement yesterday, saying they will not broadcast "Ultimate Song Chart Awards 2010" and "RTHK Top 10 Chinese Gold Songs Awards 2010."

Source: Singtao / By: KAY @ Kay's Entertainment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Release Your Feeling!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More