Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Gisele Bundchen Gained '30lbs' During Pregnancy, 'Felt Like E.T.'

In April's Vogue, Gisele Bundchen opens up about giving birth to baby Benjamin.

Benjamin -- her son with husband Tom Brady -- was born at their Boston penthouse last December, in warm water in a deep bathtub that overlooks the Charles River.

"I wanted to experience the transformation," Bundchen, 29, explains, squashing rumors that she gave birth at a Boston-area hospital.A friend from Brazil served as a mid-wife, and both her mother and Brady, 31, were present.

Through the birth, she says she meditated.

"It was the most amazing experience of my life, feeling him come through my body," she says. "And once he was born, I never felt so empowered as looking at him and thinking, Oh, my God, we did it together!"

"I think a lot of people get pregnant and decide they can turn into garbage disposals."


"I got to the studio and I felt like I was E.T. — whoa, what's going on? Hair and makeup? I hadn't looked at myself in a mirror for a month-and-a-half," she says. "I'd been in my house, in a cocoon with my kids, my husband, my dogs. Usually, as I walk through the door into that atmosphere, I already feel different. There's a button that goes On and I'm On. And when I go On, there is almost no me; there is just a character who is doing all this. This time it wasn't like that. I've been really inside with my husband and my baby, and everything is changed. But the client still deserves respect and professionalism, and I got a little bit concerned because I wasn't feeling it. Makeup was done, hair was done, and I looked in the mirror and I still wasn't seeing the person who's a model."

Says Bundchen, "For the first time, I think I actually saw me -- the inside -- instead of the persona."

From USWeekly & Vogue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Release Your Feeling!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More